Friday, October 22, 2010

Attitude Check

This morning there was a stalled car blocking a lane... a lady in a Jetta. While everyone else was rushing to get around her (including me), a guy in a shirt & tie driving a Mercedes got out, pushed her car across the intersection & into a parking lot.
As I saw the man jog across the intersection and get back in his car, I felt a sudden pang of conviction for my bad attitude. Why am I in such a rush that I don't have time for compassion for my fellow human being? What if it had been my mother with that car stalled in the lane? I would definitely be greatful to a good Samaritan that helped her.
That guy in the Mercedes made an impression on me. Maybe if I had the attitude of helping people, instead of seeing them as annoying, I'd be driving the Mercedes. Share

No comments:

Post a Comment